Passengers injured in an accident will usually have a claim against one or more of the involved drivers or other parties.
For example, A passenger may have claims against multiple parties, including:
- The driver of the car he or she was riding in
- The driver of the other car(s) involved in the accident
- The manufacturer of the car (or car component) that caused the accident or increased the extent of the passenger’s injuries (if the car or component was defective)
- The public or private entity that created a hazardous road condition
- In a drunk driving case, the bar or restaurant that served an inebriated drive