Just about any car accident, you can have gets worse when it happens on the freeway. Rear-end accidents, hit-and-runs, and other accidents often can be more deadly and result in more serious injuries if they occur on a freeway. Car Accident on Freeway occurs at higher speeds, with many more cars around. These are both factors in the severity of many freeway car accidents.
The injury attorneys at Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm near you have significant experience in helping clients who have been in a freeway car accident. Our offices are conveniently located in nearby Chandler, Peoria, and North Phoenix, and we can meet in person at our nearby offices, over the phone, or via video call. You can contact us for a free consultation, or read on to find out more.
By the way, we will also help with other problems that have cost you sleep, like getting a rental car soon and finding a nearby doctor to help you. Even the best legal team isn’t good enough if your quality of life isn’t sustainable while justice and compensation are on the way. The whole point of legal action is to regain quality of life, so we help you long-term as attorneys and short-term as your go-to people. Our familiarity with the local Phoenix courts makes us confident that we can help you get the best settlement possible.
Read Our Client Reviews
What Is A Car Accident on Freeway?
A freeway accident is any type of auto crash that occurs on a freeway or highway. An accident can be another type of accident as well as a freeway accident; for example, a rear-end collision that happens on I-17 or hit and run car accidents.
What Causes Freeway Car Accidents?
Just like any car accident, many things can cause a collision on the freeway. Here is a list of the most common causes.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers may get distracted by passengers, cell phones, eating, drinking, or doing any activity in the car other than driving.
- Driver Fatigue: After driving for many hours without stopping, drivers can become tired which increases the risk of accidents because of decreased reaction time.
- Driving Under the Influence: People under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs may have decreased reaction time, which often results in otherwise avoidable accidents.
- Speeding: Speeding, changing lanes quickly or without a turn signal, tailgating, or otherwise driving aggressively can cause catastrophic accidents.
What Do You Do After A Car Accident on Freeway?
There are several steps you should follow after being involved in an accident on the highway.
- If you are able, move your car to the shoulder of the highway. This will allow you to get to a safer position as well as keep traffic flowing so that first responders can get to you more quickly.
- Regardless of whether you can move your car, turn your headlights and hazard lights on. This will help you be more easily spotted and decrease the chances of you being hit again.
- If you have them, use cones or flares for added safety.
- Call 911, even if you are unsure whether you are injured or not. The operator will send police and/ or an ambulance.
- Gather information from the other driver including name, license plate number, and other insurance information. Collect the names and contact information of eyewitnesses if possible.
- Report to the police. Be as detailed and thorough as possible. Record the police officer’s name and badge number.
- Go to a hospital to make sure you aren’t injured, even if you don’t feel any pain.
- File a claim with your insurance company and contact a personal injury attorney.
What is the Most Common Type of Car Accident on Freeway?
The most common type of freeway car accident is a rear-end accident, which is most often caused by distracted driving. If you want more information on rear-end accidents, check out our Rear-End Accidents page.
If You Need More Information, Take a Look at These Articles
Resources Near Me
If you have been in a freeway car accident and need to have your car repaired, here are some mechanics who can help.
Get Help Now
At Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm near you, we have more than 15 years of experience helping clients obtain compensation for their injuries, including those from freeway car accidents in the Phoenix area. When you’re ready to talk, please contact our office to arrange a free initial consultation by phone or at our Chandler office, conveniently located near you.
If you have been in a freeway car accident, contact Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm in nearby Chandler, AZ to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We provide personal injury legal services to clients in your area including Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Peoria.